Do you have a file that ends with the extension “.xps”? If so, you may be wondering how to convert xps to pdf to view xps files. XPS files are created by Microsoft Windows and can only be read by programs that are designed specifically to open them. In this blog post, we will show you three easy ways to convert XPS to PDF. This will allow you to view them on any device or computer, regardless of what program is installed on it!
3 ways to open an XPS file through converting XPS to PDF
If you don’t have an XPS viewer as provided in a windows system, you can convert your file from XPS to pdf as pdf is a universal format that can be opened in any system. So, here are the 3 ways in which you can convert XPS file to pdf and open XPS files to view.
Method 1: Using the windows app: XPS Viewer
You can use XPS viewer to view an XPS file. If you don’t have this application you can easily get it from your windows features settings or download file extensions. Steps involved to convert XPS to pdf in XPS viewer are –
- Open the XPS Viewer app.
2. Click on File in the top left corner of the window and select Open. Find and select your XPS file, then click Open.
3. Once your file has been opened in the app, click on File in the top left corner again. Select Print from the drop-down menu.
4. Click on the drop-down menu next to Print and select PDF (*.pdf).
5. Choose a location to save your file, then click Save.
Method 2: Using an Online Converter – A1Office XPS to PDF Converter
Steps to convert XPS to pdf using A1Office online XPS files to PDF converter are-
- Go to a1office.co and select XPS to pdf converter tool.
2. Drag and drop or choose your XPS file to upload it into the converter. As the file uploads it starts converting automatically.
3. After conversion a window opens to select the place to save your converted file.
Method 3: Using Google drive
The steps involved to convert XPS file to pdf in Google drive are –
- Open Google drive and log in using your Gmail account. Click on New on the left-hand side of the window and select File Upload.
2. Find and select your XPS file, then click Open.
3. Once your file has been uploaded to Google Drive, double-click the file to view it. As the file appears on the drive, check the top right corner for a print preview.
4. Click the print option and select save as PDF.
As these methods help you convert XPS files to pdf, you can use A1Office PDF editor to even edit it or can convert pdf to other formats such as DOC, JPG, etc. You can also check out our other blogs on ‘How to convert XPS to PDF online‘ and ‘what is the difference between XPS vs PDF file formats‘.
These were the three methods through which you can open an XPS file by converting it to PDF. All these methods are quite easy to follow and will surely help you open and view your XPS file. So, next time you come across an XPS file, don’t hesitate to try any of these methods!